Tuesday, September 2, 2008

On Politics, Presidents and Palin

I just thought I would throw in my two cents worth on politics for a bit. I am not trying to be political - but just share some observations:

OK, this is right before the convention: What was Obama thinking in picking Joe Biden? I mean you want to be known as the guy for change - so you pick the most ingrained non-changing guy in Washington as your running mate. Not only that- the guy that probably gives the other side the most prolific amount of sound bytes to be used in the campaign against you. I guess Joe is now saying "I really didn't mean all of that." Obama wants to claim he has good judgement - so much for that call huh?

Another observation - as a former competetor in Speech and Debate Tournaments, and former Speech Teacher a point about nearly all the speakers: Your speeches are too long. Cut out all the tired stuff we have heard before (though I know they cannot resist Bush Bashing) and just focus on new stuff - if you have any.

McCain chooses Palin as a running mate. One thing for sure - the presidential candidate with the most colorful background of any presidential candidate ever - surprised everyone with this pick. I don't know much about Palin. Maybe it was because she is a relatively young woman, maybe because she is more blue collar. Some say it was to get the "Hillary" votes. I cannot believe that last one. I cannot see anyone voting for Hillary that would vote for Palin - unless it is the "I am going to vote for a woman because she is a woman" vote. All I know is - he made the smartest or dumbest decision in picking her.

I have not seen much from the Republicans Convention yet. ( We don't get a lot of live feed stuff here) I am sure their speeches will be too long also.
Be Safe!

2 comments:

  1. You expressed a point that no one has brought up - by Obama picking Biden as his VP, there is no change. You are so on point there! I hope the McCain camp picks up on this and starts using it.

    I also think you are right about the Hillary vote. I had a lady tell me today that she thinks Sarah Palin is wonderful and loves the fact of having a woman VP, but she will only vote for a Democrat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kris! It it just my two cents worth on all of this

    ReplyDelete