Thursday, April 24, 2008

Some More Interesting Sights in Liberia

I have seen this sign for a while - but I just now had the chance to get a good photo of them. I am not sure what the night train express is - some kind of drink, but I am not sure what



Now here is something you don't see every day - well, you may if you are here in Monrovia:) I always thought people were trying to get a monkey OFF of their back. :)

I have tried and tried to capture the sheer masses of people in one of the Markets here. Photos just do not seem to cut it - showing the real perspective of the crowds.

Here is a menu from a resturaunt here. The prices are in US Dollars. You would have thought that Liberia would be inexpensive - think again.

... and yes it says "homos" - but most likely is Hummus.


Y'all stay safe!!

5 comments:

  1. Barry, the images didn't click to a larger, viewable size.

    The one I could read was New York Style Buffalo Wings...$11.00

    Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up - I got it fixed now:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And look at the price for the calamares, whew! $14 per serving is too much. squids here are not that expensive. converted to pesos, that is already 500 more or less and you can buy around 3 klos already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, food prices in a decent Liberian restaurant definately put in a dent in my American pocket. A lot of the prices there are much more expensive than here..and it you don't even get top notch quality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sphinx: Yeah they are killing us with these prices!!!

    Shaun - You are absolutely correct.

    ReplyDelete