Thursday, July 5, 2012

Promises Fall Short

I remember when Obama promised my healthcare costs would be cut by $2500/year.  That didn't happen.  Personally, my health insurance is about 28% higher now than when Obama took office.  Most of it is thanks to the crap they have to do to comply with the new healthcare law.  The Federal government really has no business regulating health insurance companies, the states do that and did that just fine.  All they did was drive up costs.

In a span of 6 weeks, my health insurance company mailed me 7 different "notices" that they were required to send to me, even though only 3 applied to me and my policy.  They had to send them out, because idiot bureaucrats say so.

I do have a question.  What exactly is healthcare coverage.  I have read the law as it was passed, 3 times.  I never saw how coverage was defined.  Oh, there are bits and pieces about annual checkups and whatnot (which there is no empirical evidence that annual checkups reduce health care costs), but there is no definition of what being "covered" by health insurance means.  I suppose this mystery panel of bureaucrats makes that decision. Which brings a second question: how can they make me pay a penalty for not having something that is not defined by law?

I will admit that my policy is pretty crappy, but I cannot afford more - as a matter of fact, maybe I should just pay the fine, because that is a lot less than insurance coverage.

Oh well, more questions than answers - but stay safe!



No comments:

Post a Comment