Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Doobie Brothers and Missle Defense!

Jeff Skunk Baxter

OK, I have to blame Kelly for this post. I just found out about her blog on blog catalog.

She had a post about her theme song - "Listen to the Music" by the Doobie Brothers. Well that post brought back memories of when I was a drummer in a rock n roll band (sounds kinda like a song) when I was in high school. We did cover of Long Train Running, China Grove, and Listen to the Music. Yes the fame of the after game dance - hah!



Jeff Baxter played guitar for the Doobies and Steely Dan amoung other groups. I love his style, and the feel of his music. I have liked the Doobies music, and what a lot of folks do not know that Jeff Skunk Baxter is an expert on missile defense.


Jeff Baxter at the Pentagon
Yes, that is right - he has worked at the Pentagon on Missile defense. Also "In 1995, Pennsylvania congressman Curt Weldon, then the chairman of the House Military Research and Development Subcommittee, nominated Baxter to chair the Civilian Advisory Board for Ballistic Missile Defense." - Wikipedia



So look up cool stuff on Jeff Baxter yourself. It is amazing what a career in rock n roll will lead to :P



Y'all Be Safe!

2 comments:

  1. You are right, I had no idea that he was involved in that area. I also didn't know he played for Steely Dan (another great group!). Now I can say I learned something today, lol! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think that this information is cool.

    ReplyDelete