Thursday, June 5, 2008

An UN-Idol in Liberia? I Think Not!


Some of you probably wonder what the haeck do you do for recreation while in Liberia?
Well, right after I got here, I saw this poster. I was thinking UN-Idol. Gee... I wonder... What the heck, I will enter! There was actually a prize offered!



So, I decide to participate. Now, I do not have aspirations of winning or anything, but the whole idea of UN-Idol makes me sort of giggle. OK, look - don't say "You-In - Eye-doll" Say un-idol. You have to at least smirk at that.


OK, what I didn't know was that This guy was going to be there... so now there is photgraphic evidence. :P (and yes you stereo-typers he is Chinese)


So now, with photographic evidence, and all this pressure... I figured I needed some sort of special cosultation. So I found this "guru" to see what he could offer me. After all, he looks authentic doesn't he?

So anyways... nah....nah, nah, nah , nah nah... I sing Crocodile Rock - complete with "gator chop" motions and all
I was a little worried with this diverse international audience how they would react. (No I didn't steal these shots from a come-to-Jesus meeting. This is a real shot of the audience as I performed.

So guess what I won? If you guessed a certificate for participatiing you are absolutely correct. I didn't even win a prize for "worst dressed act (I think the guru got that one)

Y'all stay safe!

2 comments: