Saturday, May 10, 2008

Busy at Business

I have been blog hopping quite a lot lately, mostly looking for ways to increase traffic to my Be Your Own Detective blog. I still do not even understand a couple of the sites that are highly recommended by Search Engine Optimization "experts". I am not sure that I should even embarrass myself by saying what an idiot I am at del.cioi.us I just do not get it. There is a part about having a "community" but for the life of me, I have no clue how to use it.

I know that there are folks that make money online, but I seem to not have the flair to make Google like me. What is funny is this - this blog is looked upon with favor by Google, yet I cannot even get my Be Your Own Detective web page nor blog get indexed by Google. What is NOT so funny, is searches that should bring up my page bring up basically "dead" sites before mine. Sites that offer things that do not even exist any more or that have not been updated for two years. Yahoo has another way of indexing sites, it is simple: bribe them with 300 bucks AND if they think your site is worthy, then they will index it. Would it be worth 300 bucks? Sure, IF they index it. Am I gonna gamble on it? I am not sure if Google has not yet indexed my site.

I am not trying to fool myself. I don't expect to get rich online, I just wanted to generate income. Maybe I should do like all the real money makers - it seems all they sell is "how to make money online" which I am not selling. I sell legitimate service(s) - background investigations/checks and cell phone lookups.

This isn't a sales pitch, just a little venting of my frustrations.

Y'all stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment