Saturday, May 3, 2008

The One Month Challenge

OK, I am taking a one month challenge. For the month of May, I will see what a workout “Lance” gave me will do for me.
Here are the basics of the workout – it is short, but intensive:
You need two sets of dumbbells, heavy and light. To start, I used 15 lbs for “heavy” and 10 lbs for “light”
Bench Press 30 seconds Heavy
Rest 15 seconds
Half Squats (use end of bench to regulate) 30 seconds Heavy

Rest 15 seconds
Seated Shoulder Press 30 seconds Light
Rest 15 seconds
Standing Toe Calf Raises 30 seconds Heavy
Rest 15 seconds
Seated Hammer Curls 30 seconds Heavy
Rest 15 seconds
Prone Triceps Kickbacks 30 seconds Light
Rest 15 seconds
Repeat 6 times

This is done every other day. I will do some cardio on the off days.

We will see how well this workout does for me. FYI – the first time through, I was thinking, maybe I went too light, the second and third time through, I was thinking, “this is ok, not too hard” the fourth time through was work, the fifth time through, I was thinking “ this is hard work!” the sixth time through I was lucky to get 10 reps in the 30 seconds, the last triceps exercise – four was all I could do, I could swear the dumbbells went from 10 lbs to 80 lbs :P

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Barry! Come on, you can do it. Need a cheering squad? lol!

    ReplyDelete