Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Laptop Back in Business - Woohoo!

Yes!!!

I was able to fix the laptop. Except yours truly forgot to take photos of the laptop in pieces and the repair job.

Added after original post:

I had to re-solder a power input jack I had re-installed on the laptop (apparently a common problem with a Toshiba Laptop like I have) I was able to borrow a soldering iron form the air conditioning repair guys here. I re-soldered the jack and put some epoxy on the other side for re-inforcement. That way it cannot work loose again.

Now I may be able to get back to my online business.

Now to find a guitar here - supposedly they aren't hard to find. My three trips to locate the guitar store have been fruitless.

Stay Safe!!

3 comments:

  1. What was the problem? How did you correct it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I should have posted that huh?
    OK basically it was a previous bad solder job that I did before on the power input jack I had replaced. - I will add to the post as to what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! If my laptop needed that type of repair, I would have thought I needed a new one! Glad you are up and running.

    ReplyDelete